View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 04:14 PM
anon22217

anon22217

Default Thank you

Thank you everyone for your replies!

I was in a very abusive relationship for three years So I was punched in the head But I'm out of that relationship now and just trying to recover physically and mentally from it.

Let me tell you the whole story and the progression of my symptoms .I was basically punched in the head on February 21st. I felt fine that day. Then i began to feel dizzy for two days. After two days I began to get intense headaches on the top of my head. Then a week later I began to feel numbness and light sensitivity in my left eye as well as pressure. The pressure and light sensitity in my left eye has improved and the headaches have also improved. Then I went hiking last weekend. Then since coming back from hiking, the headaches and pins and needles feelings suddenly came back. Now i'm left with
migrane headaches mainly on the left hand side of the back of my head with numbness and light sensititivity in the left eye and left part of face. Sometimes the pain will spread to my whole head and I've also had pins and needles pain all over my head as well. I think it has improved overall.

Sometimes I feel really depressed knowing that my injuries not from an accident but something done on purpose to me and I could've prevented it myself by leaving but I wasn't strong enough. Anyway just trying to be positive.

I haven't tried icing. Just been trying to eat healthy and take a vitamin regimen and now on my first day of predisone. So I pray that this wil work.
Have also been doing weekly massage and acupuncture.

Do you think I should see a chiropracter?

Thank you everyone again for your advice and support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Bluehiroko,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. It sounds like you have had a rough two years.

Your head aches can be directly related to the impacts or can be related to an upper neck injury.

Please tell us more about how you got your head impacts. What have you tried to help with your head aches ? have you tried icing your head and neck ? Icing the back of your head and upper neck will likely show some improvement.

Taking aspirin or ibuprofen may be important to give you a break from the pain. Tylenol/acetaminophen/paracetamol should be avoided due to negative impacts on the brain.

What is in your vitamin regimen ? Please feel free to tell us about yourself , your daily activities, where you live, etc. so we can offer better support. Are you in the US ?

My best to you as you deal with your head aches.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brain patch (04-09-2013)