View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 04:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
I'm sorry you haven't had any responses. I would suggest getting copies of your MRI -- go to the hospital where you had the MRI done, and ask for copies of the MRI. Tell them you're going to get a 2nd opinion from another doctor, but tell them you don't know WHO you're going to yet.

Then ask your doctor to refer you to a DIFFERENT neuroSURGEON -- NOT a neurologist. There is a difference. Make sure it's a NEUROSURGEON. And get his opinion on the MRI. Take someone with you so they can write down what he says, and YOU write down stuff too. Then get one MORE opinion from a DIFFERENT Neurosurgeon. You need at least 3 opinions from Neurosurgeons, so that you can make an education decision or you can be secure in the diagnosis. If all 3 think you have MS, then it's pretty safe to assume that's what you have.

If only one thinks you have it, chances are you don't and you'll have to keep looking for a diagnosis.

Best of luck to you in your search for a diagnosis. I do hope you are successful. PLEASE let us know what you find out, will you?? Or you can private message me, because I REALLY want to know!! God bless you and please take care. And again, I'm sorry it's taken so long to get a response. Hugs, Lee
Hi Lee! Thanks so much for your thoughtful response! I did get a copy of my MRI and had it looked at by the hospital's head of neurology. He said its clean and everything should go away on its own. I would feel better about that if I hadn't been told the same thing 4 years ago when these symptoms came up the first time. They did go away, but obviously have returned and are much more aggressive and damaging to my daily life than they were the fist time. I am going to have my usual neuro look at it this week as well. Normal is good, but I don't want to just keep waiting for symptoms to go away and then have them inexplicably return with a vengeance... If this will be the case, I want to be proactive and get an answer sooner rather than later....
ViolinAddict is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote