View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmull View Post
O.k. I have a few answers for you both. Thanks for the replies. I appreciate it.

First of all, I haven't been taking any prescription drugs other than fish oil for a long time. I did have a bad infection in my elbow a few years ago. I can't remember if that was before this started. I think it was. I was hospitalized for 3 days with intravenous antibiotics. Don't recall what they were and they sent me home with oral antibiotics.

My lifestyle was and still is very active. I'm a mountain and road biker, but that has been harder with my feet hurting all of the time. I used to walk all of the time and hike, but that's out the window at the moment.

I did get tested for B12 and Vitamin D. At the time Vitamin D was flagged as low. It was 28 ng/mL. Range says 30-80. B12 was 715 pg/mL and the range said greater than 211 as normal.

Years ago, 1996 I had back surgery to remove a bulging disc between L4-L5. My Neurologist did an MRI just a month or so ago and he didn't see anything that he felt could be causing the Neuropathy. I do have a few bulges, but nothing major.

So, I've never taken statins, never had chemo, was tested multiple times at all of the best labs for Lyme Disease, had multiple HIV tests, all negative.

Right now they are calling it Idiopathic Peripheral Neuropathy and that it may be hereditary. My 72 year old mother has some of the same symptoms, pain and burning at night, her feet feel like she is walking on a bunched up sock, etc. Her pain is not nearly as bad as mine.

Thanks again. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Idiopathic simply means that they haven't found a source for it. The fact that your Mom has some of the same symptoms and that it may be hereditary it might be worth looking into DNA blood testing. Hope you find the answer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote