View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 06:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaW1955 View Post
I find that hard to believe, i was told work that you are accustomed to performing. I only replied to bret's thread to let him know he was not alone, there are many who are turned down and do appeal.

You don't have enough information to give anyone that kind of an answer, the funny thing is, I appealed and already have a hearing date. If you knew as much as you claim, you would know that some people are disabled to the point where one more day, without pain is a blessing. I have to blow into a tube to work a computer to type this *admin edit*.I have plenty of respect for Bret and every poster here, I don't know what I did to offend you, but God bless you, you need it more than I do.

Having just gone through the process with husband and hearing with ALJ Judge, LIT Love is correct. Husband had vocational expert at his hearing and Judge did ask if he could do his past work, answer NO. Can he do any other work with his education, experience, skill level. She found 3 jobs but they found that considering his medical/physical limitations he couldn't do those jobs. Some skills are transferable and some are not. SS provides descriptions of those "skills". He did win his case just recently.

Wish you the best in your appeal hearing...
"Thanks for this!" says:
finz (04-10-2013)