View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 06:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'll try to help ~

1. There is edema (swelling) in the right pedicles (the basal part of each side of the neural arch of the vertebra connecting the laminae with the centrum. The laminae are part of the neural arch; the centrum is the body of the vertebra towards the front of the neural arch). There is edema (swelling) seen in the facets of L4-5 on the right. The facets are the "wing-like" structures on each side of the spinal cord. When you hunch your back over, you can see them and feel them. Also there is edema in the tissues next to the spinal cord.

2. At L4-5 there is broad bulging of the Annula - this is a sac that the disc sits in. The sac is filled with fluid and nerves. There is moderate to SEVERE facet degenerative changes with moderate canal stenosis (narrowing of the canal) Moderate right and mild left foraminal narrowing. The foramen are the holes that the nerves pass thru to get to the spinal cord.

3. Extensive swelling involving the facets at L4-5 extending to the pedicles (see above) extending to the posterior elements at L4. (????) Inflammatory edema at right facet joint and posterior elements. Facet arthropathy/inflammation. Facet arthropathy means disease of the facets. It does NOT specify WHAT disease. Arthropathy just means disease of a joint.

I hope I've helped you A LITTLE. If you have any questions, please let me know. Please take care, and God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote