View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 06:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dear "Brain" ~ You're going to have to convince him by using logic. Tell him something like this: Doctor, I've been on this dosage for 5 years. I haven't asked for an increase. I don't abuse my medication. It's been working well until now. After 5 years, I've become accommodated to this dosage, doctor and it's just not working anymore. You must admit that when someone is on the same dosage for 5 years, their body gets USED to it. That is what has happened with me. The medication isn't as effective as it used to be and I'm in ALOT of pain. And like I said, I haven't asked for an increase before. Something HAS to be done, because I just cannot live like this. I'm miserable -- I can't do----(you fill in the blanks about what you can & cannot do) Please doctor, help me. I really cannot live like this.

This doesn't have to be word for word, but I'm just giving you something to go by. This is basically what I said to MY doc, while I was bawling my head off. Seems when I am at the end of my rope, I end up crying which makes me MAD. I HATE to cry, but i guess it works cause he DID increase my meds that time. LOL In fact, he changed everything to a combo that worked quite well. I still hurt alot, but nothing like I used to.

Now let me tell you something -- antidepressants are NOT going to help your pain. You may be depressed, but they are NOT a pain reliever. If they're trying to put you on an A/D because you're depressed, that's one thing, but if they're trying to put you on one to help with pain, they're nuts. LOL

Appeal to your doc's MEDICAL side -- he should KNOW that patients get accommodated to medications!!! if he doesn't know that, then he needs to go BACK TO SCHOOL. You can't keep taking a medication for 5 years and expect the same results. It just doesn't work.

Let me know what happens, will you? I'd REALLY like to know, hon. Big hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brain patch (04-09-2013)