View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 07:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Had my neuro appointment this morning. Again, symptoms are burning, throbbing, and tingling throughout both feet, a sharp stinging/burning pain that comes and goes in the bottom pads of both big toes, painless muscle twitches in both feet and legs, and very weak feeling legs. Like I just ran 50 miles after getting over the flu – that Jello-like sensation of shakiness that isn’t even relieved by sitting.

Doctor did some tests to check my balance and any possible numbness/loss of sensation (I don’t have any). Asked me if I had any trouble with balancing, bowel movements, losing consciousness, feeling numb on one side of my body, slurred speech, and so on. Told him I was very fatigued and I had had two episodes of stomach upset since my symptoms returned with a bang, but that was it. His conclusion was that he did NOT think my issues were of neurological origin. When I asked if we could do a B12 blood test (and possibly other vitamin tests, like D) he said no, and that it would be a waste, because he believed if I DID have any vitamin deficiencies, he would have detected it when watching me walk back and forth, touching my nose, pricking various parts of my body, etc etc. He said he could do an MRI of my neck if I really wanted, but I postponed that, as I’m sure it’ll cost an arm and a leg and may be totally useless.

The issue I had with my hands 2-3 years ago with the burning in both palms that morphed into aching and a painful spasm along the muscle running vertically beneath the pinkie is slowly returning (the pain, not the burning). My hands are aching a lot today – had to keep rubbing them at work. Hence why he said he could do a neck MRI – he said an issue that effects both the hands and feet would originate in the neck.

He never mentioned PN.

Like all the other doctors I’ve seen recently about my severe clavicle and neck pain that started shortly after this problem with my feet, he talked about how young I was and how whatever it is would probably just spontaneously heal itself with time (although some of these symptoms have been occurring for 7/8 months now - the severity just increased in the past 1.5-2 weeks). At this point, I really don’t know what to do. I’m going to call my primary doctor tomorrow (who I’ve actually only seen twice– I’m a fairly new patient), probably schedule an appointment, and ask if I can have some vitamin blood tests done. When I initially had this hand issue all those years ago, I remember they did a vitamin D test, but that was all.

Feeling extremely frustrated and a lot less hopeful. If it comes down to it, I’m just going to start taking the Jarrow B12 I ordered (5000mcg) and see if I improve. I’m not going to sit here twiddling my thumbs. I’ve been taking warm baths with (a lot of) Epsom salt, which provides slight, temporary relief, but it’s not a long-term solution. I’ll be sure to soak my hands in the bath tonight.

Are there any other key vitamins that it’s a good idea to “megadose” on when it comes to these issues? I also heard that megadosing on one vitamin can negatively affect the levels of another vitamin, or that it’s just a good idea to megadose on another vitamin that’s key to the absorption/support of, say, B12. Anyone have advice?

I saw Jarrow has a multivitamin, which I thought I would try. The multivitamin I took before wasn’t that great. If anyone has recommendations, I’m all ears.
CrimeofPassion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote