View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 07:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sorry that your neurologist wasn't helpful, COP. It's up to you whether you want to try to get a B12 blood test so that you have something to work with and compare to later, or whether you want to start supplementing now. You could always start supplementing and keep an eye on your body to see if you feel like its responding. Some people have results straight away, others it takes time to repair the damage.

I think because you ordered the 5000 mcg pills, it might be a good idea to break it in half and take half a tablet each morning, because it might be a lot for the body to handle after being deficient for so long. Because you will be flooding your body with B12, which will then be using a lot of potassium to repair the body, you might want to eat a lot of potassium rich foods, such as baked potato and bananas. You might also want to take an iron supplement (ferritin) to help with any weakness that you're having. Fish oil would be a good idea so that it can help repair the nerves.

Personally, as tempting as it is, I wouldn't take a multivitamin. You will have a lot of different vitamins competing for absorption and in some cases it can affect whether vitamins are absorbed at all.

Your symptoms sound a lot like what I was having, so I hope you get your B12 soon.

Keep us updated.
boogirl85 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote