View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 07:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks Lee,
I will do this. I would not ask him if I really did not need an increase. I have been ok with where I was at for a long time. I think I have done really well to go this long on the same dosage. I won't be seeing him again until the end of next month. I would go sooner but my mom and dad are having to pay for me and I don't want to cost them any more money than I have to so I will suffer it out for another month. I think the same thing as you. That trying to use anti-depressants to control severe pain is ludicrous. I think I am having this major of a depression problem as a symptom of the pain control level no longer being sufficient. I have noticed that I am moaning a lot more again and my personality i very flat. I don't laugh and joke like I used too. I see the difference in my behavior and I feel the difference in my pain and body. I am having a very hard time sleeping despite being on Ambian and clonazepam for seizures. Both of these should put me right to sleep. But I am up at night massaging my leg and trying to make it pop. It feels like it is out of socket. This was the same thing I was doing before being treated with the pain medication. I need to be able to get out of this house more. I am going to appeal to him on those things. If I can function better with a little increase isn't that better? I am only on the 30mg pills. It's not like I am at 120mg a day or something. I don't understand why he is so against any increase. I did ask him for one the last time I went and he was not having it. I hope I can convince him. I am going to have my mom tell him the same thing because she agrees with me. She would not even agree if it were not the case. I think that may help. She goes with me to every appointment and agreed with him the last time when he said no but now she is seeing what I am saying and if she tells him I am hoping it will help. Why do we have to feel like this and fight so hard to have pain control? I am so mad at the people who have abused these much needed meds and made life so hard for us people who are in pain and in need of this medicine. The abusers sure don't seem like they have any problem getting pain meds so why do legitimate pain patients have it so bad? I do not want to get on anti-depressants. I have already tried that route and had bad reactions. In fact Paxil and Neurontin put me in the hospital. Thanks for the support and encouragement.
Hope things are going ok for you.
Love,
Brain

Had MVA in 2006 resulting in post concussive syndrome manifested by cognitive impairment, chronic pain/ fatigue. Chronic pain of head, neck, back, left leg.
Other problems include REM sleep behavior disorder, nocturnal frontal lobe epilepsy, chronic migraines associated with nausea/vertigo, episodes of passing out, hypoglycemia, liver dysfunction (had accidental overdose of acetaminophen in 2009) had liver and kidney failure, hernia, degenerative disc disease with compression of nerve root, PTSD, and other problems associated with functioning problems from traumatic brain injury (light, sound sensitive, easily overloaded, easily distracted, cannot focus, anxiety problems etc.)
Brain patch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote