View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 10:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinec View Post
I'm disappointed and offended by your comment. My question has nothing to do with "constructing various imaginary pain scenarios". Did you get that impression from the MRI language ? Those are cut/paste words straight out of the mri results. I am simply trying to understand the language/meaning of the terminology in those line items so that I can ask intelligent questions when we meet the Dr. end of week. In the past, I would simply paste in the terms used in the mri's and get definitions and piece together the meaning, now there is this forum that offers another avenue of education. This IS NOT the kind of response I expected when I researched all of the posts last night and chose to join this forum.
Sorry you are offended. Not sure why as my comments were not personal and directed at you. Sorry you took offense anyway. I had been up for 30 hours and was severly jetlagged when I wrote that. Perhaps something was lost in the translation. Look, my point was that clinical diagnosis runs downhill, like a river. History...systems review...subjective complaints...clinical exam...diagnostic imaging...labs...diagnosis! It only works in this direction. And at best, that works correctly 3 out of 10 times at first bat. Then it is called differential diagnosis. If you try to run the river back up the hill then all you have is a big mess. MRI's are anatomical so that normal and abnormal anatomy/findings mean nothing by themselves. Abnormal findings can be painless and normal findings can be a problem. What I mean is, taking MRI results and trying work them backwards, up the river, into meaning something by themselves without the progressive diagnostic flow mentioned above can only create many red herrings that you don't need. I was just trying to help....
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote