View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 10:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by vini View Post
Please use this thread, to post success story's of your or people you know, or have heard about, that have recovered from TBI PCS to give hope and encouragement, to suffers and there family's

Thank You
reading this thread gives me great hope in my recovery from PCS. i'm 17 and i've been struggling continually since i was 14 years old when i got my first concussion. having chronic migraines sort of covered up the fact that i had PCS.

it wasn't until december of 2012, 4 concussions later, a psych eval, being told i'd never play a contact sports again, and turning down three universities for soccer had i finally been told i had PCS.

Due to the fact that i often lack emotion due to my PCS i never really grieved about loosing the thing i was most passionate about. most days i do experience a lot of hopelessness and depression, but reading that people have overcome this is exactly what i needed to hear.

I have an appointment at UPMC, yes where the Pittsburgh penguins and the Steelers all get treated for my PSC and chronic migraines coming up this month. i actually can't wait. thank you everyone for giving me hope again.
rriioottrriioott is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DFayesMom (04-11-2013), MiaVita2012 (04-09-2013), poetrymom (04-16-2013)