View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 11:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Possible Cyst on hand - PN related?

I have been diagnosed idiopathic PN of the large intestine. I've been able to manage most of my symptoms through diet. I have gotten the flair ups down to about twice a year, and no where as near as bad as they were. My symptoms have been related to my bowels, fatigue, dizziness, and pain in my large intestine. I never had the numbness or tingling everyone else has spoken of.

Until, about 3 weeks ago. My hands sometimes up to my elbows, ocassionally my feet up to the mid shin, and even more occasionally my face tingles. First it was the tingling, particularly when I sat upright in any sort of office chair. It happens when I cross my legs or lean on my arms or elbows. Then the tingling became less, and the pain started, mostly my thumbs were useless. My hands often curl into fists tightly without me noticing. I've rested and done very little, and slowly most of the symptoms have minimized and only cause issue when I cross my legs, lean on my arms, or use my hands repeatedly for any sort of detailed work.
All this seems to tell my my PN is progressing, and diet alone isn't doing the job much anymore. I've gone back to my neurologist and she's ordered tests.

However my question is: I seem to have developed some kind of cyst on my hand at the base of my pointer finger on the palm side, not the top. Is this part of the PN for any reason, or unrelated? I know ya'll aren't doctors, but I've found many people in this forum are more often more informed than the doctors I've seen. Has anyone had this issue? Do you know if it's related?
I've searched the PN forums and found several with cysts, but it mostly appears due to circulation issues. I don't seem to be having this concern. Thank you if you can provide any input, as my anxiety doesn't need anything else to increase it...
abbyrition is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote