View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 12:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have seen the neuro surgeon and his assistant and they are telling me that surgery is my only option at this point as I have done 16 visits of pt and numerous chriopractic care visits. They also say that I may never get all of the feeling back in my leg and that is unfortunate and grounds for malpractice I am told. This is because my previous primary refused to prescribe or order the MRI saying it wasnt needed and my insurance would not cover it. I told them several times I was in pain and something was wrong and that if I had to I would pay for the MRI myself and they still refused. Now neuro says "Why didnt you have the MRI a year ago?" I say thats a very good question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVerive View Post
It's unfortunate that your primary doctor won't explain your imaging results. Basically, you have some disk degeneration (akin to arthritis) in your lower back, and you have some bulging (herniation) and hardening (stenosis) of tissues in your spine. All of these conditions can cause pain, discomfort, loss of range of motion, and (sometimes) numbness. Physical Therapy can help reduce some of these symptoms, though it may take several months.

As your local pharmacist about over-the-counter meds. Be sure to ask about pain patches that you apply directly to your back. Finally, although you won't be seeing your doctor for another month or so, you can still call the doctor's nurse and ask if something can be prescribed. There are patches containing diclofenac, and these have been very helpful to some people.
ewoods is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote