View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 04:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Low Magnesium

mrsD:
Thanks again for the info on low magnesium levels. I've opted to go the 3 oz of almonds each day and MagnesiumIT lotion route. The lotion is ordered. Meanwhile I'm enjoying the almonds. I'm glad to have the option of not taking another pill. The information in the links you provided is very interesting. Sounds like the magnesium might just be what I need. I hope so. I'm looking forward to some relief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Epsom salts are a very good idea... magnesium is commonly deficient in Americans, and some studies say up to 70% do not consume the RDA of this critically important mineral.

When low muscles cannot relax properly, after use (contraction), this may be due to poor magnesium supply.

Also magnesium will lower high blood pressure (relaxes artery contraction).

Magnesium also blocks the pain receptor NMDA...(calcium and aspartate, glutamate stimulate this receptor).

NMDA antagonists are used to control chronic pain conditions. Examples are in addition to magnesium, Namenda and Dextromethorphan.

The magnesium in epsom salts crosses the skin into the body.
We at PN forum here use it for foot pain.
When soaking in epsom salts works, then that indicates an oral
product may be also needed.

Here is my magnesium thread, that discusses depletions due to certain drug use, poor diet and foods that provide magnesium for you, and how to choose a good oral supplement (avoid oxide form).

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread1138.html

I really think many here can benefit from some sort of magnesium intervention. And you cannot live without it. Get too low and your heart rhythm can be impaired and you may
suffer from an arrhythmia.
- Injury 2004 L5S1; 2nd metatarsal left foot fracture; left hip fracture
Djhasty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (04-10-2013)