View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 06:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you so much you two, I really appreciate you replying, especially when it's such a sensitive topic.

Bram - yes I've read that both Cymbalta and Lyrica can have this effect on men and women. I think I've made the decision to come off both, but I am going to wait and get guidance on that from the pain clinic as I'll probably have to do one at a time.

My husband is absolutely great - he is totally understanding and commited to making sure I enjoy any experience we have, whether that's sex or just a lovely cuddle. He is very attuned to me but he always has been in all aspects of life, I'm very lucky that way. Unlike with my ex husband, I would never feel inclined to fake things with him. We talk about sex very openly and we've discussed this issue - I wanted him to know it wasn't him and he's been great. He's been quite inventive trying to work out ways to solve the issue lol!

I know what you mean about the endorphins side of things too. I tend to ignore pain throughout sex, mostly because if it was really bad I wouldn't be up to it anyway, so lesser pain can be put on a back burner in the throws of passion, haha! After successful sex, there's that period of time where you feel languid and the most comfortable you've ever been - that's when I sometimes get a good sleep. I haven't really got to that stage without the orgasm though, although it's a similar but less intense effect when we just cuddle and (non-sexually) stroke and don't go for the end result.

catra - thank you as well! I get where you're coming from about routine. It's a fine balancing act to make sure you don't overdo it (I tend to as I don't want to be seen as weak, daft I know) but it does help. I had a "normal" day yesterday, visited my sister, got my hair cut, overdid it a bit but slept better for it. Very sore today and have a thick head, but the former is because of overdoing it and the latter is the meds I'm sure. I got 5 hours though, yes five whole hours, and I only woke up four times (mostly the pain of turning over).

That tDCS sounds great too. I'm lucky in that I've been accepted onto a trial of the Alpha Stim 100 machine, so I will be having a go with that next week onwards. They're really expensive to buy so even if it's successful I probably won't be able to get one, but if it works it passes time for me doesn't it.

I am really worried that this sexual issue will turn out not to be the meds - my common sense tells me that the meds being responsible is more likely, but with the burning I've had "down there", I'm so scared it will be permanent. I don't know how I'd cope with that, I suppose I'd just have to but it would make me so sad.

Anyway, thank you so much for the help, I really appreciate it! xx
KathyUK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tomboy mel (04-21-2013)