View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 10:19 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

You may need more magnesium. Labeling for elemental magnesium is spotty, with some supplements showing total weight of both the taurate and magnesium. Others will give the elemental amount.

In general a chelate like taurate or malate, will be a very large pill or capsule. If it is not, then you are not getting much magnesium in that form. A 1000mg magnesium malate pill is HUGE (and has 150mg of mag in it only)... and I recall the mag taurate I had years ago was quite small.

So one has to be very careful in reading labels of some minerals, as some are very misleading or confusing. You would then think you are getting "more" than you really are.

A B12 in the 400pg range is very marginal. 400pg is the new cut off now. I'd take 5mg a day on an empty stomach for 3 months...then get retested. Stop it 7 days before the test. We keep ours on PN here, over 1000. You could also get a MMA test to see if that reflects activity... a low MMA is desirable.
If your folate is not methylfolate, I'd switch to that. Folic acid has to be methylated to work.

Did you see this new video? New this week for our forum, and recently made in Jan 2013.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvEiz...ature=youtu.be

You may need more methylB12 than you are taking. MethylB12 is the cofactor in making melatonin from serotonin. Sometimes when people have trouble sleeping, it is because this is failing.
Try some melatonin at night...say 3mg and see if that helps.

Also take that magnesium at night...it seems to work better that way. I use a topical at night now, and it puts me to sleep very quickly. I apply it along the wrists and inner arms were the blood vessels are close to the surface. I am still using the CVS lotion that I stockpiled before they discontinued it. But there is a body lotion called Epsom-IT which is very similar if not identical in ingredients. (the Epsom IT foot version has fragrance added which I like to avoid).

You would have to taper a bit on that Ativan.. if you can, if you have had it a long time. Otherwise there will be a surge of pain for a short time (hopefully).

I am getting over a crisis of acquired angioedema from an ACE inhibitor (lisinopril), and when it happened I had pain you wouldn't believe!
Swelling body parts, inflamed bladder, burning eyes, tongue to mention a few sites...etc.
I had rash too..which my doctor thought was drug induced lupus..and that is fading, but slowly. Now my doctor is considering HAE for me, hereditary angioedema...which my history suggests, that I had all along! So nothing really is safe, you know!

On page 1 of this forum in the upper left is "New Thread" ...just click on that to make a new thread. Private messages are blocked for new members for a short time, but open up after you have made a few posts. Just keep posting a bit and then try the PM function. Click on anyone's name on the pages here, and a list of options comes up, and you click Private message. Rarely some do not enable it, but most posters here do.
You can click on Private Messages, under your name, when you log in and a left hand list appears for you to send.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote