View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 11:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I hope you've talked extensively with your surgeon. Surgery should be the LAST OPTION after all conservative methods have been tried and failed.

Surgery most often will NOT cure your pain. Usually you'll have the same pain or WORSE after surgery. Surgery is only for mechanical problems. Also, you have to expect the "Domino Effect." This is where the levels above and below the surgery site fail. It's because they have to take on more of the load. Newer studies have shown that people who have had surgery get the same results as people who have had PHYSICAL THERAPY!!!

I've also done tons of research on this, so I'm not just blowing smoke. Too many fusions/surgeries have been done in this country, when conservative methods SHOULD have been used. And the patients end up having to pay for this for years and years on end by being in physical pain!!!

I'm NOT saying that you shouldn't have surgery. I haven't seen your MRI, etc. I hope you got at least 3 opinions including your present surgeon.
I wish you the very best. PLEASE let us know how you come out, OKAY? God bless and please take care. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Megalodonbite (04-10-2013), mg neck prob (04-11-2013)