View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 12:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks, Bryanna for your help it seems to be subsiding now although the gum is still sensitive to cold things.

About the medicine he said it would help with the inflammation a little bit and numb so most likely what you said although I think the name was a little different.

On a side after being on so many antibiotics I caught the flu and have been trying to fight it off with my weakened immune system. I hope that once I fight this bug I will be ok in the health department for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Marge,

The "medicine" that the dentist applied to your gums was probably an ora base or something similar which is simply benzocaine. It really has no medicinal purpose other than to numb the area to reduce discomfort. If this isn't what he used, then I have no idea what it could have been.

It is common to get some food debris in the surgical areas and so long as it is not causing inflammation or pain, it is usually not a big concern.

Just be mindful of your home care and be as thorough as you can be. Not aggressive just thorough. Hopefully you're on your way to healing okay!

Bryanna
[/QUOTE]
Marge1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote