View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 01:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Is your cyst hard or soft? -Hard and soft, I know that doesn't help much it's like a vitamin e capsule. Hard and firm, but pliable.

People sometimes get calcium spurs in the hand. Using some tool, or a video game controller can be triggers. - I have one of these on my right hand near the knuckle from my school days of holding a pen. That one is firm, and fixed. Not the case with this new issue.

There are soft cysts of fat that may form along tendons called lipomas.

These would feel rather soft, compared to a calcium spur which would be rather hard.
From my google searches it most resembles a ganglion cyst. I go to the doctor tomorrow about it, but he knows relatively nothing about PN (as it seems to me). And I assume they are going to want to pierce or surgically remove it. Since I had the recent flare up in my hands I was wondering if the cyst growth - which seems to have formed about the same time of the flare, was related to PN? I guess if it's not a common topic you've seen MrsD, then it's not. I think you quite possibly know everything, btw! Thank you for always being here!
abbyrition is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote