Thread: RRMS to SPMS
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 04:24 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

That's the confusing part, Karilann...I don't get those huge flare ups...just things that appear once in a while, then more often until they're permanent.
For instance, my trips to neuros began with a numb toe. Now all toes are numb, and I've had a couple of instances of the whole bottom of both feet feeling the same the last few weeks. My fingertips are now all numb too-that was a gradual thing that has become permanent. I have noticed the last couple of months an inability to open lids, pull off those safety seals on condiment bottles, things like that. I have to concentrate when holding things in my hands so I don't lose my grip.
warning---TMI ahead...
the bowel stuff has gone on off and on, but has become more frequent. My pcp gave me suppositories to 'install' for bleeding hemorrhoids, but they won't stay in because the sphincter muscle isn't strong enough, so I have to hold it in until it melts. Ugh...and every time I move, I toot...which reminds me so much of MIL with Alz...but I can't help it. It's so embarrassing.
When I tell my neuro about these things he tells me about patients who are worse off. Sorry for them, but what about what is going on with my sxs? Am I getting worse or not? Why don't these things go away???
I guess I have to become a bit confrontational with him next appt...I want answers.
ANNagain (04-10-2013), AynaDee (04-12-2013), barb02 (04-10-2013), ewizabeth (04-11-2013), SallyC (04-10-2013)