View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 06:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy Need help desperately

I don't know how to start this. I am not the kind of person who usually asks for help of any kind yet this is really bad and I don't know what to do anymore.

About five months ago, my wife went to the doctor to request a medication chancge. She had been on anti-depressents for many years for an ongoing brain problem (so they said). She had been on celexa for about 3 years and felt like it wasn't working anymore. The doctor prescribed activia and cymbalta with no wean off period. immediately, she changed. She became very withdrawn and quiet. This was around Thanksgiving last year.

She complained about not feeling right at all and became more passive and began to lose her personality. This is a woman who was fiery and passionate and had a bright spark in her eye. She was a wonderful person who always loved everyone and wanted to live life to it's fullest.

Now, she just sits there and stares blankly into space. Her muscles are all so hard that she can't even stand it. She doesn't sleep or eat anymore and she can't even have a bowel movement. She has been asking me to help her commit suicide because she can't stand it and she wants to die. I work all of the time to support us and my Daughter. My wife lost her job and can't even leave the house. Her friend is here right now and can't belive how bad she looks.

It goes on and on. You guys don't even know. I wake up at 3 in the morning and there she is standing in the dark in the kitchen all by herself, shaking from the muscle tremores that keep her awake. When she lays down, her heart starts beating harder and she gets adrenaline rushes that make her tremor worse.

I have taken her to several "meetings" with psycholigists that suggest she go to the emergency room and take high doses of thorazine for sleep and then get admited to a mental hospital for further treatment. Her best friend died today and she can't even cry, but she cried when she asked me to help her kill herself, she pleaded and told me she is tortured and thinks of being dead all day while I am at work.

What do I do? This is just the tip of the iceberg, you guys don't know. This is horror. She has had an MRI and that showed nothing. She wants a real-time brain scan that shows what parts of the brain is working because she insists that she has brain damage and she will never come out from this.

I am lost. This is killing me, I need some kind of help to get her help. Please. Just like she says. please help me die. Every day. I keep telling her not to give up but she says she knows herself and she is gone. What do I do?

There is so much more going on with her now. Her stomach is beginning to bloat and when she shakes her head she says she hears a crackling sound inside her head. I am being completely honest her. This woman does not sleep at all and has not for months. What is wrong with her. One of her psychiatrists diagnosed her with seratonin syndrome but this is severe, she keeps getting worse. She can't take any kind of medications because her face turns red and she becomes more agitated.

She keps telling me she is living in hell and wants to die. We need help!
stoppitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (04-13-2013), sidzmom (04-29-2013)