View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 10:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Had my Neuro appointment yesterday and he said I was the 4th M.S. patient that day wanting the BG12.
So I had to fill out a paper and I wait for a phone call from someone who will set me up with a prescribing pharmacy. Then I will see the doc again in 3 months for review of how I feel on the drug (side affects).

He said there is always the question of long term affects since this is a new drug......but it has been used in Europe for years for psoriasis. So he can't honestly say the long term effects for the treatment of M.S. AND the drug has been tweaked a bit for MS.

I told him I would take the gamble. I've been on Interferon shots for 11 years and have been lucky my liver hasn't given out! Plus this pill has a better track record for slowing progression. All I can say is: I'm in! So wish me luck!

If you obsess about things that may happen and they don't come true...then you've wasted your time. If it does come true....then you've lived it twice.
karilann is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (04-17-2013), jprinz99 (04-17-2013), Judy2 (04-11-2013), SallyC (04-11-2013)