View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 01:25 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain patch View Post
I also was found unable to do my past job at the ALJ hearing and the vocational expert came up with three jobs and my lawyer said "would a person be able to do those jobs if they could only perform them for an hour a day and missed 3 or more days a month"? The vocational expert said "No, in a case like that there would be no jobs the person could perform". I was still denied. This was after I had liver and kidney failure and could barely get out of bed to bath and use the bathroom. Plus I have a whole list of other conditions. Every condition I have is on their disability list of qualifying conditions. How did I get denied? I don't understand. If someone has any insight into how they make a decision, I would love to hear it. To me it seems totally random on who is accepted and who is denied.
Brain
The ALJ usually phrases the Voc Counselor questions as a hypothetical. So if the ALJ decides the medical documentation fits the RFC, then he/she will likely find a FF decision if the Voc Counselor determines no other work could be performed.

But, why you were denied? The only way to hazard a guess would be to read the transcript and the decision, and to look at your file.
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (04-11-2013)