View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 03:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

For me it means stuff like- just because I am feeling better it does not mean I can do anything else on the same day that I wash my hair and take a bath-that is a full day limit of physical activity for me.(I have very long hair). Pretty sad but true. It means - just because I am feeling better it does not mean I can go to the zoo or anywhere that I would have to walk very far or be exposed to too many people and noises. It means- just because I am feeling better that I still do not have to rest and only be out of the house for 4-5 hours max even though I want to be. It means-just because I am feeling better I cannot return to a job no matter how much I miss mine. It means-just because I am feeling better that I don't have to be very mindful of doing too much and must watch my symptoms and rest instead of pushing myself to the breaking point. It means- just because I am feeling better that I do not have severe limits on my life.
But it also means- because I am feeling better that I can walk a little and get some exercise. Because I am feeling better I can laugh and joke and smile again. Because I am feeling better I have hope.
Brain

Had MVA in 2006 resulting in post concussive syndrome manifested by cognitive impairment, chronic pain/ fatigue. Chronic pain of head, neck, back, left leg.
Other problems include REM sleep behavior disorder, nocturnal frontal lobe epilepsy, chronic migraines associated with nausea/vertigo, episodes of passing out, hypoglycemia, liver dysfunction (had accidental overdose of acetaminophen in 2009) had liver and kidney failure, hernia, degenerative disc disease with compression of nerve root, PTSD, and other problems associated with functioning problems from traumatic brain injury (light, sound sensitive, easily overloaded, easily distracted, cannot focus, anxiety problems etc.)
Brain patch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
poetrymom (04-11-2013)