View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 05:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well, as we're getting all nitty gritty on the subject lol....

Night time is the worst part of the day for me anyway, the pain and burning is always going crazy and on top of that I'm tired and fed up with a day of pain. So about a year ago we sat down and talked about it, and now we mosly have our fun either in the morning or during lunchtimes. I thought it would be a bit forced and weird and awkward to go to bed in the afternoon, but actually it's quite fun and sexy, we send the odd winky-face text or my husband phones and says 'are you ready?!' as he leaves work. We are true converts to the idea of 'afternoon delight'

Again, it's the adaptation thing. If the 'normal' way doesn't work with the CRPS issues, then you have to make a rude face at the CRPS and come up with a way around the problem. My pain is less in the morning and afternoon, I've got more energy, and my husband prefers not to wait until he's exhausted at the end of a long working day too. So it's a win win And we have a deal that if either one of us just isn't in the mood, we just text and say so, no questions asked lol.

I used to feel just the way Heidi describes, the 'get it over with then' thought was there one night and I just had to address that one straight away - I think that's a slippery and dangerous slope in a relationship. Sex would end up as no pleasure at all, but a chore, a reason to resent your partner, a wedge between you at a time when there is enough to deal with without adding intimacy to the CRPS 'bag of things we can't enjoy any more'...

Of course it's not quite the same as it used to be, and there are days I just couldn't bear the contact. But on good days I still enjoy it, and I love that I can't concentrate on the pain when we are together I think that's worth booking a few extended lunch breaks and making sandwiches ready for him to take back into work with him afterwards!

Bless. I've lost enough, I'm keeping this as long as I can.

Bram.
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote