View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 07:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehiroko View Post
I've had a chronic migraine for 6 weeks since being hit on the head on Feb 21st. I've been reading a lot about migraines in general and just wondering how it is connected to PCS? Is it just a chronic inflammation of the brain from impact?

I also asked my doctor if I could just be suffering from a normal migraine and he said that migraines don't usually last beyond 72 hours. Anyway after doing my own reading I've read about people who've had "migraine cycles" that can last for a month or more unconnected to PCS? There are many natural remedies for treating acute migraines as well such as feverfew and Hylands Migraine relief. I'm just wondering what the physological difference is between a chronic migraine from PCS and just a normal acute migraine sufferer and that if these natural remedies for acute migraines could help me as well?

Hi Mate,

I am about 7 months PCS and suffered from chronic migranes and headaches up until aout 5 months. Now I get a dull headache pretty regularly, that sometimes turns into a migrane, but this is pretty managable compared to how debilitating they used to be. Anyway ICE helps alot, I also use a heat pack after a massage, etc.

I find that and literally just avoiding any stressfull situation or anything that stresses your brain, weather it be good or bad, will help. I am at the point now where these headaches are my only lasting symptom, and they are fast subsiding. Dont worry, the pain will get better, just REST you poor old brain

Anyone here also suffer from a chronic migraine from PCS ? Thanks for your support.
Hi Mate,

I am about 7 months PCS and suffered from chronic migranes and headaches up until aout 5 months. Now I get a dull headache pretty regularly, that sometimes turns into a migrane, but this is pretty managable compared to how debilitating they used to be. Anyway ICE helps alot, I also use a heat pack after a massage, etc.

I find that and literally just avoiding any stressfull situation or anything that stresses your brain, weather it be good or bad, will help. I am at the point now where these headaches are my only lasting symptom, and they are fast subsiding. Dont worry, the pain will get better, just REST you poor old brain
Peter11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon22217 (04-12-2013), Brain patch (04-11-2013), Mokey (04-11-2013)