View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 08:49 PM
anon22217

anon22217

Hey everyone!

I will post my correspondence with a chiropractic neurologist. He was educated at the Carrick insitutute as well and part of a larger quite popular chiropractic group in SF. This is what he wrote to me. I had told him i'm not sure if i should wait and go to the UCSF spinal and brain injury program or see him? I think I will make an appointment with him first as a 30 min free consultation.

Thanks everyone

Hello Jennifer,

The best course of action for you is the one that is congruent with your personal beliefs and your goals for your health. I have had chronic headaches in the past due to a concussion while sparring and I did not want to wait to get treatment. I also did not want to use drugs as part of my treatment because I messed up my liver with NSAIDS and Tylenol when I was an athlete trying to make the Olympic team and drug treatment for headaches addresses symptoms without actually curing the cause. If a person has to stay on a medication indefinitely in order to prevent their symptoms from returning or takes a medication to help with pain when the headaches hit then it is not curing anything, would you agree? I don't know if UCSF can help you. I haven't heard your full story and I have not examined you. If you come in for a free consultation I'll be able to figure out if you are a candidate for what we do in our office and if I can't help you I'll be able to refer you to someone who can.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote