View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 09:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello,
I am so sorry to hear your wife is in this condition. She sounds as if she is in real pain. Do you think she could have chronic pain? I don't know what type of brain injury you are referring to but I also have a brain injury. I have post concussive syndrome and it is manifested by cognitive impairment and chronic pain. I remember before my pain was treated properly begging others to kill me. Actually offered money to one person to kill me. Has your wife been in a car accident or had any sort of blow to the head? This could be as simple as passing out and hitting her head or being hit with a ball or something? I had a complete change in personality while I was in severe untreated pain. My family could not figure out what was going on with me. Since being treated with the correct medication I am myself again. What you are describing to me sounds more like a problem with pain more than it does something mentally wrong. I was tried on many different kinds of anti-depressants also and had very bad reactions to them. Those types of medications in my opinion are bad medicine. Does your wife complain of pain? Does she moan or whimper a lot? I would try giving her some narcotic pain medication and see if this helps any. If she does have chronic pain it takes a few weeks of a long acting narcotic medication to get it under control. I think this is worth looking at. She is obviously suffering horribly. Pain can have many different effects on a person that you would not realize. She may even be unable to figure out what is wrong with her. The swelling in the abdomen worries me also. This can be a sign of liver failure. Is she yellow at all? Orange or yellow eyes? Keep a close eye on this. You need to get her to a hospital. Bless her heart. I wish you luck and hope you will get her to a hospital right now. Please let me know how she is doing. I am very concerned about her.
Brain

Had MVA in 2006 resulting in post concussive syndrome manifested by cognitive impairment, chronic pain/ fatigue. Chronic pain of head, neck, back, left leg.
Other problems include REM sleep behavior disorder, nocturnal frontal lobe epilepsy, chronic migraines associated with nausea/vertigo, episodes of passing out, hypoglycemia, liver dysfunction (had accidental overdose of acetaminophen in 2009) had liver and kidney failure, hernia, degenerative disc disease with compression of nerve root, PTSD, and other problems associated with functioning problems from traumatic brain injury (light, sound sensitive, easily overloaded, easily distracted, cannot focus, anxiety problems etc.)
Brain patch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote