View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 02:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwlw View Post
Just been put on sinemet 12.5 so that I can lower ropinirole slow release tabs ,am now on 16mg of rop .
Symptoms of pd got worse , walking not as good . Got in touch with Parkinson nurse she said to add from 1 sinemet 3 times a day to 2 x 3 times a day , doing this gradually , which I have .

I am at the moment taking 2 in morning , 1 lunch and 2 in evening ,
to my family s amazement My facial expression s are exaggerated when talking ,I do a lot of silly expressions which is not like me !!!! My speech is mumbled and Im constantly moving ,not sudden twitching just hand on my face or through hair for example.

Has anyone else gone through this or just me , is it because my body hasn't adjusted to new drug , I am doing it slowly .
I know sinemet has side effects ,but suerly not on such small dose.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated
Hi lw and welcome.
Sounds like it could be dyskinesias you're experiencing with the constant moving. I'm guessing a bit here but does it come across as a kind of restlessness to others?
Do you feel at this stage you need that amt of levodopa or could you perhaps take a little less than what was recommended?
Also do you have young onset parkinsons?
I found I got dyskinesic very soon after commencing Sinemet but as PD progressed I preferred that to the offs.
DBS several yrs ago for me hasn't seen a return of any dyskinesia and I take a reduced amt of meds so hang in there ok?
made it up is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote