View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 08:10 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukai8 View Post
Mucuna pruriens is NOT the same as Sinemet.

Quote from the Abstract of Lieu et al.: "The distinctive neurophysiological findings in the basal ganglia and the ability to ameliorate parkinsonism without causing dyskinesias strongly suggest that Mucuna pruriens acts through a novel mechanism that is different from that of [l-dopa]."

- 2012, "Antiparkinsonian and Antidyskinetic Effects of Mucuna pruriens in the MPTP-Treated Non-human Primate"
take whatever you want, do whatever you want. i've tried MP, maybe helped a little but sure a lot easier taking a carbidopa/levodopa pill.

if you want to do more than regurgitate what's on that paper, which by the way did not involve humans and administered a MP filtrate, not straight MP, and by IV or injection to make sure they knew how much the monkeys got so has very little to do with the MP you or i would take, then i'd be glad to debate the merits of that paper. i think the authors highly exaggerate the results and will gladly debate that opinion if you want to initially give me 3 reasons their results absolutely show MP out of the bag works better than sinement with less side affects in humans.

if course they are different, my point was are the benefits/side affects that much different. i think the jury is out on that, a lot of people asking about MP, citing papers, internet testimonials but i have to ask, where's the beef?

people will readily ingest MP, no idea whether the % active ingredient listed is correct, where it's been grown, what the quality control is, etc. thinking it's safer than a carbidopa/levodopa pill?
to me, that's the same as going back to willow bark because your're afraid of aspirin?
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote