View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 12:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 12 year old son with bipolar, ADHD, odd, and a learning disability

I'm pulling my hai out trying to get help. We've been to therapy for 4 years, under a physiologist care with meds. Getting special Ed help from the school, and still nothing seems to be getting any better, we just keep going to doing and doing with no results. We have done one session with tapping and will be going in the summer for a few weeks so we can do 3 to 4 sessions per week. Honestly I feel I have done so much with little change, I'm frustrated, confused and just looking for others in the same boat. I'm looking to talk about discipline, how to make it fair. I feel I have to pick my battles but am struggling on all the small stuff that is getting more and more. Like swearing for example, I would rather he use his words then go break something, yes I would prefer if those words weren't swear words but seems sometimes its the lesser of two evils. So usually his swearing goes un punished. Then I have a 14 year old who thinks this is unfair because if my brother can swear why can't I get away with it sometimes. I try to pick my battles or he would be grounded from everything which has happened before then gets the attitude what else do I have to lose and then all hell breaks loose.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (04-15-2013)