View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 01:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Suppliment purity (especially 5-HTP)

My doctor says that I should check the Certificate Analysis for any product that I'm taking especially 5-HTP. He says that it should be 99.5% pure. His concern was not of strength, but rather impurities.

He has been treating patients with aminos for 12 years or more. He is being very honest in helping me find my own supplements and working with me even though I'm going outside of the published brands for this treatment.

With that in mind, I have to ask the question though: is he setting the bar so high so that only his products will qualify? I suppose I need to find evidence that shows what the impurities are for a 98% or 99% brand. I don't see many impurities on the CA sheets so it appears that they are unidentified.

This may sound like I'm being picky, but also keep in mind, thanks to the protocols (includes htp+tyrosine, cysteine hcl and co-factors), I can tolerate higher medicinal doses of 5-HTP for a long period of time. That means I'm taking more than the typical person.

Thanks for your help... This stuff is really great, I would like to know I'm getting clean products for the right price.
jslim180 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote