View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 03:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I use their PharmaGABA product.
By the way, I use to respond really well to GABA. After I started the Cysteine it quit working. I moved to the niacin gaba form Picamilon so I could continue to get the GABA into my brain (probably a safe assumption).

Although this was probably safe and it was working, I just finally gave it up to focus elsewhere. In my case, the anxiety I was treating with the GABA was probably caused by low and high serotonin (different times) and low dopamine. Instead I focused on filling reserves in my brain with serotonin and dopamine so I would not have to treat anxiety at all.

I'm much more stable. I have a good stream of conscience thought as a reminder still: that really use to set me off! The real help in my case was to get enough dopamine and serotonin and the natural GABA balances its self. Apparently the research shows how serotonin are dopamine will fix or disrupt everything else.

GABA got me though some hard times though. It gave me some in-site too in that it seems like it use to cross my BBB but now it does not. I read that GABA typically does not cross the BBB. I know a few stable people that don't response to GABA and I know a few unstable ones that do. This is very limited experience, food for thought though. I wonder what else my brain was vulnerable too before this L-Cysteine (aka CysReplete). By the way, to notice this result I took Cysteine, Folate, and Selenium exactly as they use it in the research, on-time, never missing a dose, and on an empty stomach. I did build up to that amount. I did not want to go full force and find out I have a reaction to it... Also, as you can see above, I do consult doctors to make sure I did not miss anything.
jslim180 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote