View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 07:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Who are you seeing? You are best off to address CRPS with a multi-disciplinary approach. It's not just meds, but meds of course are important.

By that, I will tell you that I use a Podiatrist, a General Practitioner, a Pain Management doc, chiropractor and occasionally a massage therapist. I also practice yoga and meditation. Don't laugh. The mind-body connection should never be overlooked! Complementary therapies can really help along with conventional medicine. I cherry pick from both.

With CPRS, everybody is unique. What works for one may or may NOT work for another. I take gabapentin, amitripytyline, trazodone (for sleep mainly) and naproxen sodium for pain/inflammation. Tramadol for breakthrough pain. I was on narcotics but weaned myself off of them.

You need to experiment and you need to find professionals that truly understand CRPS. CRPS is one of the most misunderstood medical conditions. Period, exclamation point. It took me 6 docs and a year just to get a diagnosis, another year to figure out the best way to treat it, another year to get it to settle down, and another year to develop a daily "routine" to manage this condition.

This is a good place to learn, to vent and to get support. You are not alone. Good luck to you!
birchlake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
alt1268 (04-13-2013)