View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 11:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
Let me know if you find something out about Ketamine. Somebody on Neuro Talk always has some ideas. It is important not to run out of hope. Keep plugging away to get the treatment you need. Ketamine has been used alot in our military, for wounded vets. There have been some good results for RSD and CRPS. The American Journal of Medicine also has published some results. I am in your corner. ginnie
Thanks so much for the words of encouragement . I like to keep pretty upbeat even though sometimes it seems futile, but like my dad says "If I weren't laughing I'd be crying." So yeah, I keep going and try not to complain too much since it won't get me anywhere or give me any satisfaction.

I did find out Vanderbilt hospital does have a ketamine infusion program! Yay! Now all I have to do is get my doc to set me up for it....well, that doesn't sound very simple does it? But I think he might since I feel it has spread to my left hip in the last week. Surprise! I also found out my doc doesn't prescribe pain meds which really is ironic! Pain doc doesn't prescribe pain meds....

If this guy doesn't have plans for me my next visit, which is still about 2 weeks from now, then he gets the curb and I find someone else. I have learned from working in doctors offices one has to take control of one's health care and make sure the doctors are doing what they can and should or go find one who will.

How are you doing? I hope you are doing all right tonight, or whatever time it is where you are
PepperCross is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote