View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 01:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I got my final evaluation. All in all, I saw three separate neurosurgeons (including the head professor at the teaching hospital) who looked at my MRIs. All three had the same conclusion - no leak. I feel both relieved and upset. I'm relieved that I do not have something so debilitating. However, I also feel upset, because now I feel like I am stumbling in the dark, trying to put a name to my symptoms.

I re-visited the ENT today who originally suspected CSF leak to discuss the results. He seems to want to chase the CSF leak diagnosis even though three neuros said no. When I countered that it could be a sinus infection, he said that he saw no signs of inflammation of mucus buildup from the MRIs. I am to return for a sinus CT and possible camera roto-rooter up my nose at the ENT hospital here to see if there's a sinus issue, but I am fearful that will come back clean, and then I will truly have no answers...

Symptoms: Congested/plugged ears (along with post naasal-drip and drainage down back of throat), increased tinnitus, sound sensitivity, minor imbalance, difficulty concentrating, difficulty reading and focusing on words and moving objects.
CountNomula is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote