View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 09:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by minymo View Post
Maybe this is on here somewhere already, I have not actually followed and read all the links, but any time I look at info about Repetitive Strain Injury, I never see mentioned a simple and cheap thing that cured my tennis elbow years ago:
My doc sent me to a shop where they sell all sorts of things like walking aides etc. that people use at home. They measured my arm and sold me for less than 100 dollars a white elastic tunnel, somewhat like what tennissers put on their wrists, only it reached from the middle of the lower arm to the middle of the upper arm. With the prescription it was even free, i.e. the insurance paid me back. It had semi-hard small gel cushions around the little pointy bone that sticks out a bit on the outside of the elbow, where the pain was, but not on top of it. They explained with this thing I need to keep moving the arm as opposed to other treatments, that way the little cusions massage the affected tendons. The use of this is that tendons have very little bloodflow which makes them heal very slowly as compared to the muscles etc. It really cures the thing in something like 6 weeks.
Some things get forgotten about and snowed under with all the advanced stuff around so I thought I'd tell people here, since a tennis elbow is usually hard to deal with, especially if you can't rest it properly, and tends to come back.
Although not the only cause playing tennis frequently is one of the main causes of tennis elbow. In addition to frequency of play, poor form, and not building the proper muscles play a major role. Another factor often overlooked is the type of tennis racquet and string you use when playing. Using arm-friendly racquets and strings can greatly minimize the strain on your arm when playing and thus prevent or help you get back to playing pain free on a much shorter time frame.
tmc123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote