View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 09:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi,

I am confused here:

Quote:
Since then I've had good days and not so good days regarding the pressure in my ears. Sometimes it feels so heavy that I feel like I have tunnel vision and will pass out, other times I barely notice them. Along with the pressure is almost always fluid running down the back of my throat, which drains into my stomach/lungs as I sleep, giving me an awful cough, and suppressing my appetite. Oddly, the symptoms do subside greatly when I am laying down or sleeping.
The symptoms subside greatly when lying down or sleeping.

However, does the drainage occur most at this time? or - Is the drainage occurring more during times before then and then subside after you lie down??

I ask because of my next few questions.

Was a Radionuclide Cisternogram done - a mainstay for CSF Leak evaluations.

--What is a Radionuclide Cisternogram ?

Was any CT testing done, with or without contrast? - again more useful for CSF leak evaluations per studies.

I know you are in a foreign land, and won't be back in the U.S. until July - hopefully you will have all films in hand and get follow-up at home for comfirmation when you get home.

Sitting up with symptom increases could reflect the csf leaking increases which slow to stop when reclining, which are reflected by your symptoms subsiding when you lie down.

Best Wishes...........

Current: Changes of more insomnia, new reviews with findings of more Depression, tremors, vertigo, tinnitus, loss of focus, fatigue; SSDI - accepted on Depression, Cognitive Deficits; Seizures ruled out, mTBI changes including cognitive slowing/lapses.
Medication update: Topamax 200mg twice daily it seems to minimize daily headaches to a 1-2/10 quality(I still know they are there); and acute headaches erupt without warnings.

Last edited by Concussion; 04-13-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Concussion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
CountNomula (04-18-2013)