View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 10:44 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I for one understand...

When I first had my 'onset' I went from a slitely toe-numbed person to a hospital patient...They really didn't do much more than try to ease pain. The neuro said "LIVE WITH IT!" and what he'd prescribed and me were NOT getting along...PLUS my symptoms kept progressing? Up to my buttocks and beyond on the legs and to almost the elbows on the hands. It was about 3-5 months before I could simply pick up a GLASS not using both hands. For the same amount of time it would take me 3-5 MINUTES to plan, lever and actually get UP out of a chair or bed to to the simple 'basics' - need I elaborate here? I have an idea of where you are...next things are harder but may get you help.
All I guess I can say to YOU is get another opinion? Read some old posts I've done about this...clik on my name and see all 'my priors' I believe you'll find something there that relates ....LizaJane is RIGHT, Daniella, Jak, and BobB..We have all come to our opinions based on what all we have had to go thru..and, strangely gotten 'here' thru lots of very different ways. The key is, as LJ's said, we can still walk, we still hurt, but it makes no diff to the pain? It may, and can, but YOU have to move to keep your ciruculation GOING! If the blood can't doesn't get there...that affected appendage could DIE! Then you would have to live with 'phantom' pain. I'd much really rather live with what-ever real pain I have -Thanks! AT LEAST, I know what I can expect? - It is NOT a fun place to be, by any means. But here is where we should/must fact it all and deal with all it IS and deal with it the bestest way possible...IF that voice in your head is going ...RED ALERT! Contact a mod or one of us via PM and see if you are more comfortable with that format. Tho some, such as myself don't check-in as I should as I get 'TIRED' sometimes..Do not take offense, I simply only have soo much energy left. - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote