View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 01:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
The PharmaGaba does work... I used it for several months when we had a family emergency last spring. I found 2 a day worked and I could tell when it wore off!
Great, I'll give that a try then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
The CysReplete does not have methylfolate in it, and that would be much preferable to the folic acid (which is synthetic) and some people cannot activate due to DNA problems.
You introduced me to a 3rd form, this is quite a topic. Let me first point out that the CysReplete (and my personal tray) uses Folate which is natural.

Here is a great article comparing the too. I can't say it is accurate though but this seems to be consistent with our understanding. One thing I found interesting, the article says that Folic Acid enters the blood and is metabolized in the liver, where as Folate is metabolized in the small intestine. It sites all kinds of problems with having Folic Acid in the blood where it does not belong.

On the topic of Cystenie, my doctor said that he had contacted Dr Hinz and asked him to replace Folate with 5-MTHF. Apparently this is a specific form of the methylfolate you mentioned above. After reading part of this page, maybe he meant to say L-5-MTHF.

He did not give me the amounts to use though so I'm kinda stuck with Folate for now. I have to be sure I take enough with the Cysteine.
jslim180 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote