View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 07:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I agree with Ginnie about Chiros! Do NOT go to a chiro without the okay from the Neurosurgeon! You could cause permanent nerve damage or even end up paralyzed! I've had 2 different neurosurgeons tell me that by going to a chiro, I could end up paralyzed by being manipulated, and it was just for ME -- it was ANY spinal patient! So be very very careful!!

And yes, Neuros can be TOTAL creeps. After my 2nd surgery, and I wasn't getting any better, painwise, he had the audacity to say to me: "You can't have pain, I fixed you." How's THAT for arrogance??? In the meantime, I was sitting there in AGONY. What an idiot. After he took a 2nd look at the MRI, I dont' know what he saw, or if he was just trying to get RID of me, but he couldn't have been nicer -- he told me he'd do ANYTHING I wanted. Just ask. I was so stunned, I didn't know WHAT TO SAY! I was in the process of trying to get SS disability, since I could barely walk without assistance, and I asked him to write a letter to SS saying I couldn't work anymore --- and he did it immediately!!! I almost fell out of the chair.

So I think he was just trying to get rid of me. And he did -- I'll NEVER go back to that arrogant creep again-- i don't care if I'm bleeding to death. He's the one that disabled me in the first place, so why go back?

Keep looking for a decent doc. There ARE some around and I found a great one after this. Best of luck and God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mg neck prob (04-14-2013)