View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 11:07 PM
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member

Thanks for sharing, you all...I must get this other vent off my chest...

I started working out again recently...and around this time...I took in a kid that is 19 yo. He is a good kid, troubled, but a good kid...

he is different and he admits it. People look at him funny at the Gym. Yes, he acts feminine and wants to be a transgender (I am saying this knowing that he is open about it). I watched a program recently on the pains that they go through...he has a lot of cuts on his forearms and has shared a few heart broken stories to me and the Mrs.

Recently, he worked very hard and got his personal training license. The current personal trainer is a very nice guy, he and I have become good friends...but he is leaving and we wanted to help the kid get the job after the PT leaves...I wrote a letter to the lady and the PT recommended him.

But the lady told the PT that she feels that the kid will drive people away (her concern isn't totally unreasonable as I can understand her point)

so, the kid was heartbroken yesterday when he found out he didn't get the job. That is OK, we told him to not give up...he's worked so very hard and this is what he wants to do for his career...

OK, then, there are these two older guys at the gym, they would look at him and laugh...I can't hear what they are saying, but I can tell that they are looking at him, and then they are laughing ...I know that look well, I get that look a lot because of my tics...

I grew up with people looking at me and laugh and point. They think that I am retarded or that I am not too smart because of my twitches and tics...

so, yes, I know that look...

I couldn't prove it...but I was so very angry...So, I made it a point to talk to the kid loudly about how proud he should be of himself...and I "touched" him...meaning that I actually helped the kid stretched...of course...the two guys gave us both the look...I told the kid he is now my son...I am adopting him in spirit and that if anyone messes with him...they will be messing with me...

I am so angry...

ya know, they have the right to laugh at him...in the PRIVACY of their own home of territory...that was a PUBLIC GYM where anyone can go...

Look, I am all for free speeches and I am for that if you want to pick on me, fine. Just don't do it infront of my face...but to be that open, to be that RUDE...

I finally had to leave because I feel like I was going to hurt those two morons...

I know there are folks who don't think transgender/gays/transexuals have rights or should be around or whatever. THAT IS FINE. They can have their opinion...but we are ALL human beings...we ALL have a place on this earth...NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE, is better than the next person...

so, to do that in public, to tease in public, to hurt someone else's feelings because they are different...

that makes my blood boil...

if I see them in the Gym next time, I might have to throw some 45lbs at them...and then sit on them...heheheheheh...
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote