View Single Post
Old 08-26-2006, 02:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Ridk,

I haven't thanked you properly for letting so many of us take refuge in your White Rats group. So thank you wholeheartedly.

I have been trying to think of some ways we could all share information without trying to convince anyone of the One True Path, something I used to do a lot until I realized that I have unusually brilliant MDs, lucky me, though I suspect I still do it, for which I apologize. I'm feeling pretty crappy this weekend, though.

I respect the White Rats' right to follow their own lights on treatment of PD, along with being very thankful for you taking us in. I guess you must've gotten a little enjoyment from having us. Before I go on sabbatical, I should mention that I've been diagnosed for 6 1/2 years and experiencing symptoms much longer than that, and in that time I've been in at least (they lost coung) eight research studies and two drug studies to help everyone get better treatment, I have done some advocacy work and a lot of one-on-one support for individual PWPs, especially through BT1, .5, and .25 and spirituality, and I have been baking stone-ground whole wheat bread and using other good foods to help maintain my health for about 40 years now. That doesn't fit the concept of a social-element, wait-for-a-cure, passive, alopathic medicine addict, does it? I never used to be without a pocketful of granola, either, LOL.

So...next time I come around I'll try to be more interesting. Lately I've been spending a lot of energy just getting through the day, but I hope to be more able to think when I have hip surgery in October and get off the painkillers, or most of them. If it weren't for those hot meals from friends at church I don't know what we would have done, but probably wear my husband down to dust.

Well, that was a ramble, so thanks again and enjoy everything!

Jaye

Also I plan to take a Reiki class next month.
Jaye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote