View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 11:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Weightless arms, legs, feet hands, anyone?

Hi, I'm new and looking for some answers to strange and horrible symptoms. The current options for diagnosis seem to be small fibre non length dependent neuropathy or neuronothapy. My symptoms started acutely in late January with very painful burning, cold freezing (hard to describe!) hands and feet plus abnormal sensations in back of neck/top of back and legs. Pain then spread up to to knees and up arms and is now also in face, scalp, lips and tongue (face stuff is day and night in some way). Worse than this however ( if possible!) is the daytime, weightless, non existent feeling of arms, legs, hands and feet. It's as if they are not there, they feel hollow, empty, like there's no feedback from bones, muscles and definitely no pain, just nothing. Is this what some people mean by 'numb'. It feels like body parts have disappeared, and walking in space. This feeling is now there most of the day with feeling returning evenings when prickling and pain starts. I have had MRI scan of neck, back and normal nerve conduction plus standard blood works, screening for autoimmune and b12. Needless to say I am finding it hard to get through the days. I can't believe his can be happening. The first neurologist I saw labeled issues as psychiatric based on normal Neurological examination but a second neuroligcal ordered all the tests and the current diagnosis is based on abnormal thermal thresholds test. (I live in the UK.) Like so many other people I've read on here, I know that this is not psychological. :mad
Ducati is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (04-15-2013)