View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 01:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Bob a question for you please

Hi Bob, i found your post most interesting regarding Barometric pressure, i knew nothing of this affecting our nerve fibre's until i read your reply, so if you don't mind could you possibly elaborate a bit more to explain were the Barometric pressure is present at whatever certain heights in our atmosphere.
eg- As far as i know the earth's atmosphere is divided into several altitude regions, Troposphere-surface to 5 miles , Stratosphere-Tropopause to 31 miles, Mesosphere-Stratopause to 53 miles, Thermosphere -Mesopause to 420 miles, Exosphere- Thermopause to 6200 miles.

What i am trying to find out is, say a person was in extreme discomfort with terrible small nerve damage, if they were to board a plane and they turned up the inside tempature of the plane up to say 110 degrease F, but they were in flight and were above the Barometric pressure region would their PN symptoms dissapear all together ?

Something else i am confused with now, i can't work out is that when our nerve's are on fire and really hurting, applying cool temperatures to the affected area normally responds well or at least helps most times, but if its not the normal temperature but the barometric pressure that really affects our small nerves, then why do Pner's find relief by cooling down the area ?
With all that the scientific world can do these days, then wouldn't it be great for Pner's if they could come up with an apparatus that creates the opposite to what the Barometric pressure does, what a relief it would be for so many sufferers of this awfull disease.
appreciate any info on this,
thanks
Brian

Last edited by Brian; 05-10-2007 at 06:06 AM. Reason: corrections
Brian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote