View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 11:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Bryanna - caught between periodontist and implants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karoncurran View Post
Hi Bryanna

Thanks for all your info - whilst it isn't great news, it's nice to get some proper answers.

Karon
Hi Bryanna,

I seem to be getting nowhere with my periodontist and after visiting him today I feel extremely frustrated and upset. I last saw him 5 months ago when he gave me a hygiene regime to follow, told me to go back to my dentist to get some fillings done and then come back and see him.

I have done all of this and he told me today to carry on with the dental regime and come back in a month. He also said that it would take him up to a year to get my mouth healthy.

I wanted to have my upper teeth out and implants put in at the beginning of July because some of my teeth are so loose that I don'T feel that they will last much longer.

From what I see on the Internet, I could go through all sorts of periodontal treatment which will may help but there is quite a lot to suggest that the best thing to do,would be to have the teeth extracted.

The other thing that concerns me is that I really don't feel very well and I'm not sure whether this is simply due to worry or the gum disease. My stomach feels very uncomfortable and I am very low in myself. I have become a bit of a hermit and feel very depressed. I have been to my doctor and he has suggested talking therapy but I know that until I resolve this situation no amount of talking will be of any use.

I think my periodontist wants to see the inflammation reduce before he derides the teeth. If I can get him to agree to do this next time I see him and it can be done before the end of June, do you think I would be able to have the implants done in July?

I need to make a decision by Thursday as I'm going to get the funding sorted out.

Sorry to be such a pain.

Kind regards

Karon
Karoncurran is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote