View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 01:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Bryanna, I am scheduled to go back to the dentist on Wednesday and it is their plan to redo to bridge. They will take the permanent one off and make a new impression and then put on a temporary til the new one is ready. My question to you is do you think this should solve the problem of a spongy texture to all that I eat. I assume they will just make the bridge a little shorter so it won't touch the top of the gum (this is a bottom bridge), but I worry that possibly they might damage one of the two anchor teeth when cutting off the crowns. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi rdailey,

No, I was referring to cutting back on the actual porcelain on the pontic (fake tooth) where it meets the gum line.

Sometimes they will use a laser to reduce the amount of gum tissue along that margin. If you are going to do that, it should be done soon so that you can clean it better.

I would still get a second opinion on the fit of the bridge. It would be ideal to bring your x-rays with you and let the consulting dentist take an x-ray of that area to see how the bridge is fitting along the margins.

Bryanna
rdailey4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote