View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 02:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hey Noland,

I got my first major concussion back in June of 2012 playing in a no contact league. I play goalie and one of the guys on the opposing team and my teammate collided into me while on a breakaway. It's been an up and down recovery these past 10 months for me but I am getting better everyday. It's definitely changed my life and had to adjust alot things with my daily routines.

What I've done so far:

PT: not much help just gave you exercises to do with the neck, balance, back etc.

Chiropractor: Helped get me back to work and majority of his treatment was getting my body stronger and eliminating my brain fog. If you can find a good chiropractor in your area who does healing first before profit then I would go for it. It can get kinda pricey if your budget is tight.

Alternative Treatment: Few weeks after I got injured I had to go to Hong Kong... I was still going through symptoms and my neck and shoulders were in pain when I got there. I did see a doctor who did chinese medicine and he really helped my upper neck and shoulders and I was able to enjoy the rest of my vacation. It was very cheap compared to here in the states but unfortunately the pain came back a month after I got back from the states. I have done acupuncture but it really didn't benefit me with my injury.

I don't take any medications besides the vitamins. Look at the vitamin regiman in the forum and that should help you with your recovery. Rest is the most important with no stimulating activities. No hockey until you feel 100% better. I haven't played for 10 months and don't plan on playing anytime soon because I'm going back to school soon.

m00se
m00sekat33r is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote