View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 04:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Usually for MRIs they will sometimes order full spine - or cervical spine only, or lumbar only, or thoracic spine only, or a combo etc - depending on location of pain & symptoms.

Do you know which areas your MRI is going to cover, C, T or L spine or all?

It might help for readers here if you list out all your symptoms here.
Then that list might be helpful to take to the drs also, sometimes they focus in on one thing and a clear list will make sure they are aware of everything.

If it was mainly neck/arm pain , I would suggest you read about thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS) but you have other lower body issues mentioned as well. Can you hold your arms up overhead for any length of time like 2-3 minutes? Or do they get very tired, painful, heavy, turn white?
Or you can't even lift/hold them up at all?

There are many other things it could be and those all need to be ruled in/out for best diagnoses.
My mri is only C spine. This is my CT report:

C4-C5:small posterior disc protrusion w/o central canal stenosis
C5-C6:mild right posterior lateral disc osteophyte complex formation and a small posterior disc herniation, resulting in minimal central canal stenosis and effacement of the right lateral recess.
C6-C7:tiny posterior central disc protrusion and minimal posterior disc osteophyte complex formation with minimal central canal stenosis.
C7-T1:minimal posterior disc osteophyte complex formation without significant central canal stenosis.

So I know it's not horrible, but it's got to be the cause of my pain. I don't know what else could be. I am an athletic 37 yr old mother of 3 boys, with no other health problems. I used to be and avid snowboarder and raced border-cross for years and have had several severe whiplash accidents and two bad car accidents with whiplash.

I have the sharp pain in the center of my neck around C5-T1 mostly radiates into my left shoulder, bicep, elbow and wrist and three outside fingers also with very bed headaches that can come on in an instant and also be gone in an instant. My pain progresses through the day depending on my level of activity. I am taking 6 mg of dilaudid every 4-6 hours, I've tried naproxin, toradol, tramadol, cyclobenzaprine, gabapentin(can't get to the right dose as I end up drooling on the couch and the children fending for themselves), t3's and probably more but can't remember right now.

I can hold my right arm above my head for some time without any problem, but my left gets shooting pain in my shoulder and I can't lift it, without bad pain, higher that shoulder height. I get pretty bad lower back pain but I think it's from the other problems and poor posture due to me favoring my upper back, also my T5-6 has a compressed disk but to what extent I'm not sure, all the focus has been on my neck as that's the worst area for pain, everything else has been put on the back burner.
cali4nia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote