View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 04:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I read over the links that you posted. One of the causes for the increase was alcohol, but it's been at least 6 months since I've consumed any alcohol. Another reason said it could be from an EMG, which was done back in October, but surely it would be down by down? At the time the tests were taken I had been taking a one a day vitamin, vitamin D, SlowMag, folate 800mcg, methyl-cobalamin, fish oil with omega 3, and possibly alieve because the back of my left knee has been having sharp stinging pains. Within the past few months I have been experiencing muscle spasms and twitches. Within the past couple weeks my left leg has had a strange weird weak feeling that comes and goes, it seems to fatigues easy.

I'm getting to the point to where I'm not sure which direction to go with all the different symptoms I have. I had told my self it was neuropathy due to alcohol, stress, and not eating like I should. But I find myself wondering about MS or some sort of autoimmune disease. I'm just not really sure what my next move should be. They're wanting to do an ultrasound of my legs and feet thursday and I'm supposed to go to a neurologist in Nashville May 20th. He specializes in MS and is board certified in psychiatry. I thought he could help determine between it being anxiety or something else. I'm glad this forum is here, because everyone on here understands how hard it is to be their own full time doctor and still have personal obligations. Between this, being a full time student, and having 2 babies I'm not sure what to do.

Last edited by jake8105; 04-15-2013 at 05:04 PM. Reason: left something out
jake8105 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (04-15-2013)